Saturday, July 24, 2010

a last day of the week sort of post.

If I updated my facebook status (which I don't) it would currently read :

Rebecca Denhollander is happy, loved, overwhelmed by so many marvellous feelings, and terribly sunburned, but not necessarily in that order. 


Due to circumstances completely within my control, I happen to be rosy red at the moment. Very, very, rosy red. It hurts and in a few days it will be really icky (sunburns always are), but it was incredibly worth the pain I'm feeling. I had such a marvellous day today doing something that we haven't had the opportunity to do for quite a while, and won't be able to again for even longer. Uninterrupted, enjoyable, and relaxing family time.


On this, my very last Saturday at home with the entire family (Dad heads to some other country middle of this week), we had a variety of ideas on how to spend the day floating around, ranging from hiking to going to the Enchanted Forest, but we finally decided to spend the day on the lake with the immediate family. I think it was one of the first times we have ever all climbed in and just gone. Oh what fun we had! We left the wakeboards and skis at home, but towed to 3-man tube. For most of the day went at cruising speed, just taking in the sights, sounds, and smells of the Shuswap. We went all the way up past Sicamous, further than I have ever been in the boat before.

He's not falling, he is attempting a handstand.

I realized today again how much I am going to miss these people. I love them all, so very much. All the different dynamics they add to my life, the interesting insights they all have and witty comments that are endless . . . its all a wonderful part of my family. I had a lot of fun just watching them interact with one another and getting great enjoyment out of seeing us enjoying one another. The opportunities to just be us, with each other, is so seldom, but I'm so glad that when we do finally find the time, we can still laugh and have a jolly time. I think Family is a wonderful invention and just wish that growing older, didn't make it so hard to get everyone back together for times like this.


9 days!

2 comments:

Merissa said...

WOOOO HOOO!!!! You look just like me at the moment! =D

looks like a blast. An absolute fantabulous day!

UncleChicken said...

Oh yes. You will miss them more than you can know. But that is something of a good thing!

I'm so sad we will miss you in September :-(

We might have to work something out over Christmas.

Post a Comment